As we reported a couple weeks ago, Sling TV would soon begin beta testing a cloud based DVR for their linear streaming service.
Since we announced our Cloud DVR beta program earlier this month, so many of you have reached out and asked to be a part of the beta test—thank you! If you were selected to participate in the beta program, you will receive an email as early as today with additional opt-in instructions. We’re not able to grant everyone who requested a beta account immediate access, but don’t worry, we’ll continue to add users throughout the duration of the program. To be notified when Cloud DVR functionality is available, enter your email address at sling.com/dvr.
For those of you who were selected to participate, here’s what you can expect:
• Cloud DVR functionality, including video recording and playback, is currently only available on Roku players and Roku TVs. DVR support for additional devices will roll out at a later date.
• At launch, you will receive 100 hours of cloud DVR storage at no charge.
• You’ll be able to record movies, episodes, full series and more! DVR functionality is not currently available for all channels.
• You will also be able to pause, rewind or fast-forward your recorded content.
• You may record programs simultaneously, with no recording conflicts.
• Your DVR content will be integrated directly into your “My TV” screen, so you can access your recordings easily and quickly.
• Sling TV automatically manages DVR space to make room for new recordings by deleting the oldest ‘watched’ recording when capacity is full.
• You will also have the ability to manage your own DVR space and delete individual, multiple or all recordings.
Testers, we would love your feedback and suggestions on our new Cloud DVR functionality. Please send feedback to DVR@sling.com. If you have questions about Cloud DVR features or the beta program, you can visit help.sling.com. Beta testers must agree to usage terms and conditions to participate in the beta program.