Roku, Inc. (Nasdaq: ROKU) today announced its second annual Stream-a-thon, a week during the holiday season dedicated to delivering a collection of top shows and premium TV to Roku® users for free. Viewers can enjoy a selection of unlocked premium content for free with no subscription needed on The Roku Channel, the home for both free and premium entertainment on the Roku platform. Starting today, Roku is expanding its Premium Subscriptions offering on The Roku Channel with a new HBO + Cinemax Value Pack, which is available to customers going forward for $20.99.
From December 26, 2019 until January 1, 2020, viewers of The Roku Channel can unwind and celebrate the season of streaming with complete unlocked first seasons of television shows as well as a wide selection of episodes and more from Premium Subscription channels. For the first time ever on The Roku Channel, season one of HBO’s Game of Thrones will be available to stream during the week without an HBO subscription. Additionally, this year viewers will be able to use Roku Search to discover Stream-a-thon content.
“Stream-a-thon marks the conclusion of an eventful year for The Roku Channel, which included milestones such as the introduction of Premium Subscriptions, the expansion of our live and linear channel offering, the debut of Kids & Family, and the addition of value packs,” said Vice President, Programming and Engagement, Rob Holmes. “The Roku Channel is bigger and better than ever and we’re ending 2019 with even more great entertainment from some of the best providers in television. There’s no better way to welcome new Roku users and enable both novice and veteran streamers alike to decompress from the holidays with some of TV’s most popular shows available for free on The Roku Channel.”
“We are thrilled that HBO will be part of Roku’s Stream-a-thon this December,” said Sofia Chang, President, WarnerMedia Distribution. “There will be something for all Roku users to enjoy over the holidays from HBO without a need for an HBO subscription.”
Premium Subscription partners celebrating this year’s Stream-a-thon include Cinemax, CONtv, Dove Channel, EPIX, FitFusion, The Great Courses Signature, HBO, Hallmark Movies Now, Pantaya, Smithsonian Channel Plus, STARZ, SHOWTIME, Stingray Karaoke, UP Faith & Family, and more.
Unlocked Complete First Seasons
First full seasons of the following premium shows will be available free of charge for users to enjoy:
- “Game of Thrones” (HBO)
- “Warrior” (Cinemax)
- “Power” (STARZ) – complete first season available throughout the month of December
- “Billions,” “The Affair,” and “Ray Donovan” (SHOWTIME)
- “Ancient Mesopotamia: Life in the Cradle of Civilization,” “The Everyday Gourmet: Rediscovering the Lost Art of Cooking,” “How Jesus Became God” (The Great Courses Signature)
- “Bringing Up Bates,” “Design Twins,” “Expecting,” “Growing Up McGhee,” “Last Hope,” “Our Wedding Story,” “Unboxed with Nikki Chu” (UP Faith & Family)
Unlocked Episodes and More
Additionally, a selection of episodes of popular shows and more will be available on The Roku Channel. Entertainment available during this year’s Stream-a-thon include the following and more:
- “Barry,” “Chernobyl,” “Euphoria,” “Sesame Street,” and “Succession” (HBO)
- “Kidding” (SHOWTIME)
- “Get Shorty,” “Pennyworth,” and “Punk” (EPIX)
- “Abbott and Costello The Christmas Show,” “Anytime Fireplace,” “Gumby’s Christmas Capers,” “MXC,” “Sonic Christmas Blast,” and “Super Mario Bros Super Show” (CONtv)
- “A Christmas Kiss,” “A Golden Christmas 3,” “A Heartland Christmas,” “Naughty and Nice,” “Paper Angels,” “Tappy Toes,” “The Nutcracker Sweet,” and “The Perfect Gift” (Dove Channel)
- “Jillian Michael: Beginner Shred – Workout 1,” “Cassey Ho: POP Pilates for Beginners,” “Dashama: Mermaid Pose,” “Elle Young: BodyBurn,” “Kenta Seki: Fusion 15 – Total Body,” “Tara Stiles – Strala CORE,” and “Zuzka Light: HIIT Cardio – Workout 1” (FitFusion)
- “Ancient Civilizations of North America,” “Ancient Mesopotamia: Life in the Cradle of Civilization,” “The Apocryphal Jesus,” “The Black Death: The World’s Most Devastating Plague,” “The Celtic World,” “Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Techniques for Retraining Your Brain,” “Fundamentals of Photography,” “How to Draw,” “Learning Spanish: How to Understand and Speak a New Language,” “Outsmart Yourself: Brain-Based Strategies to a Better You,” “Reading Biblical Literature: Genesis to Revelation,” “The Rise of Rome” (The Great Courses Signature)
- “From the Ashes,” “Marrying Father Christmas,” “Royal New Year’s Eve,” and “When Hope Calls” (Hallmark Movies Now)
- “Las Aparicio,” “Me late chocolate,” “Pastorela,” and “Yule Log” (Pantaya)
- “Aerial Cities,” “America in Color,” “Million Dollar American Princesses,” and “Orangutan Jungle School” (Smithsonian Channel Plus)
- “Blue Christmas – Elvis Presley,” “Feliz Navidad – Boney M,” “Last Christmas – Wham!,” “Jingle Bells,” and “The Twelve Days of Christmas – Kids” (Stingray Karaoke)
- “Angels in the Snow,” “Christmas Angel,” “DNA Dinners,” “Marry Me for Christmas” (UP Faith & Family)
HBO + Cinemax Value Pack
Available going forward for $20.99/month, the HBO + Cinemax Value Pack combines multiple subscriptions into one, allowing users to easily manage a single monthly bill for subscriptions purchased through The Roku Channel from their Roku account. Much like all Premium Subscriptions, one-click signup applies for this new bundle offer.
Since launching in 2017, The Roku Channel has become a top 5 channel on the Roku platform by active account reach. In 2019, The Roku Channel expanded its entertainment offering with 80,000+ free, ad-supported and premium movies and TV episodes, launched 40+ Premium Subscription services, reached 50+ live and linear streaming services, and introduced Kids & Family entertainment from nearly 30 partners.